HomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in
Weekend Gaming Events and Tournaments Coming Soon!
Be sure to read the rules on how to qualify for the tournaments.

Share | 

Clarifications About Xbox One External Storage ( helpful tips )

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Exodus_Prime

PostSubject: Clarifications About Xbox One External Storage ( helpful tips )   Wed Jul 09, 2014 12:50 pm

Just so everyone is in the know...

* To start, drives of up to 16TB in size can be added.

* The maximum amount of storage in total would be 16TB across two devices.

* You can have a 12TB drive and a 4TB, or two 8TB drives, or a 10TB and a 6TB...up to you.

* You'll need to wait for USB 3.0 compatible drives (only USB 3.0 will work) of that size to become readily available, but 16TB is your limit.

* On your external drive, you can install games, downloadable content, and apps.

* Game saves are stored in the cloud and synced to the Xbox One console, so saves will not be transportable on your external device.

* If you install a game to your external drive and take it to a friend's house, when you sign in to Live and fire up the game, your save will be synced to your friend's console.

* Music and video playback will not be supported from external drives, initially. Microsoft is considering adding this in a future release but for now, there's nothing doing.

* You will be able to move a game from the Xbox One drive to your external drive via the "Manage" page of the game. Just highlight the game in the Xbox One menu, and hit that tri-line button. Boom.

* Once you format your drive for use with the Xbox One, you won't be able to access the drive from your PC. The drive will essentially become an Xbox One drive only from the point at which you format it. You can format your external drive from the Xbox One by going to Settings > System > Manage Storage.

I hope this helps new comers and Day One owners to clarify a few things about Xbox One external storage.

---
Back to top Go down
View user profile
DaINFamousJN

PostSubject: Re: Clarifications About Xbox One External Storage ( helpful tips )   Wed Jul 09, 2014 1:10 pm

Alot of good info here. Thanks

Exodus_Prime

PostSubject: Re: Clarifications About Xbox One External Storage ( helpful tips )   Wed Jul 09, 2014 1:15 pm

No problem I'm here to help make this place awesome to hang out in.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Recreat3

PostSubject: Re: Clarifications About Xbox One External Storage ( helpful tips )   Thu Jul 10, 2014 11:09 am

Good info. Was just wondering what to look for when buying an external hdd.definitely going to be needing one soon so any recommendations are appreciated
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Doggies_Lipstick

PostSubject: Re: Clarifications About Xbox One External Storage ( helpful tips )   Fri Jul 11, 2014 1:04 am

Wow 16Tb! ... i couldn't fill my 360's 500Gb.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
DaINFamousJN

PostSubject: Re: Clarifications About Xbox One External Storage ( helpful tips )   Fri Jul 11, 2014 1:12 am

Recreat3 wrote:
Good info. Was just wondering what to look for when buying an external hdd.definitely going to be needing one soon so any recommendations are appreciated

I'm actually going to be buying one soon as well, so i been doing some research. From everything i read, there's no wrong or right drive to buy. It's all about your preference. Only thing you have to make sure is that it's usb 3.0. I was going to get a 7200rpm drive rather than a 5400rpm because i figured everything would be faster. However from what i read there's very little difference when using on the Xbox One. Then there's the company, Seagate and Western Digital probably the most popular. Again, it's all about preference. If you talk to 20 people, 10 will probably say Seagate is better, and 10 will say WD. So, basically just try to find a good deal and jump on it.

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Clarifications About Xbox One External Storage ( helpful tips )   

Back to top Go down

Clarifications About Xbox One External Storage ( helpful tips )
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1